Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2507 o on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2001
US
When I power it up all I get is
o
or maybe the three lines for power
sometimes an
x
or the wierd c
It worked fine two days ago, input a screwed up conf-reg and did a reload and w...Now I'm clueless - Perhaps I have been all along! :) - Would appreciate any help or suggestions - already tried diff baud and setting to access - no luck - also no luck with the break - ROM's are good - checked in other router - also checked sockets - this is a 2507 - would rather not send it in - unless anyone knows of a good, relatively inexpensive place

What version of software are you running? Have you tried to accessing the sytem through the AUX port? Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I guess there are lots of possible problems, but one thing I've seen in the past that you might want to try, especially if you have another 2500 handy is to swap power supplies.... Supplies can go bad sometimes yet still have enought juice to spin the fan and attempt to boot....

I would also look into getting a new power supply. You might also want to try clearing the dust inside the router too.

Replaced the Roms and set to 1200 Baud through console and success - thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back