Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2500 Set - Program to Not Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

seatech

Vendor
Apr 7, 2009
US
Never thought I would be asking what I thought was such a simple question but does anyone know how to program an analog phone (2500 set) to not ring?
Have more than 100 installed in areas where we want them to be able to dial internal calls only. Do NOT want them to ring or receive calls.

Install in a shelf that does not have a ring generator, or disco the bells on the phone, or never publish the numbers and make then 7 digit long and this: thread798-1265901

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

I don't think I have seen a Do not Disturb on a 500 set! how does that get programmed?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

DND Group" from the Console, just like in a Hospital.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

another possible solution i've used is using a 7 digit dn.. you can have a mix of 4 digit and 7 digit dns.. we took 800,877, and 803,864,843 (our instate area codes and use them for 7 digit numbers for phones that we do not need did's on.. we got back several hundred dids for everything from ring downs to dictitation stations..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We opted to use the Do Not Disturb feature as an interim solution last night. We were just trying to find a different way to do it. I like the idea of changing the DN to 7 digits so the phone can still be dialed but ONLY if you know the number. The calls that are coming in now are mistakes so this would clear the problem.

Thanks John, Lnyx77 and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back