Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

25 pin pinout for Toshiba...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
I am not very up to snuff on Toshiba, so assume I don't know very much. We are moving a DK424. I need to know what the pinout of the 25 pin connector is that connects from your laptop parallel port to the PIOU card via a RJ45. One of the guys I work with calls it a "key" and doesn't think you can make one, but I know you must be able to...
Any thoughts will be much appreciated! Thanks,

Matt Wray

Matt,
I'm looking at a layout for the PIOU card. It's a paging, I/O card. The 25 pair connector punches down with outputs to your paging zones,speakers,MOH, night bell. The top jacks are not RJ45. They are (top)TTY and (bottom) SMDR. Station Message Detail Recording port(records call info). This is an output that goes to a serial printer or computer program that can accept data thru it's RS232 connection. That's probably what the "25 pin" connector was hooked to.

This might be similar to a Nortel where the interface used is a secured one and contains an access code chip. If so you will not be able to duplicate it.

We were able to do the move. We just programmed from the phone. I like having the laptop to be able to see the "big picture" of the whole system. I didn't ever get the "key" or the software... Thanks,

Matt Wray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back