Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

24xx Phones beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonegoober

Technical User
Oct 23, 2004
US
i have some 24xx phones that are beeping. The employee can hear the beep, but the other end does not. Beep is long in duration.

These phones are not call center. (no whisper, vdn announcement, monitoring beep tone, etc)

I do know there are some things you can do on a callmaster such as the dialing of 78, etc.

thoughts

Is there call recording on these phones?
Does the tone happen on every call, on every 24xx phone and for the entire duration?

Ronster
"I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early."

Ronster,

Nope, no call recordings. Tone does not happen on every call. I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern on what type of call i.e. inbound, outbound local, outbound ld, outbound VOIP to other sites.

thx

have you tried the active ringer??? as it is inconsistant , sorta make sense , second incoming call bleep behind the call. set it to silent and see if it still happens .

Thanks nulabeacon,

I asked if they received the beep on the 2nd call and they said no. They receive the beep on a single head to head call. the beep is a long duration tone lasting for several seconds. We do have some Call Center Recording software and do have call center agents in our enterprise, but the phones that are having that problem are not setup to be recorded.

thx

type "list trace station xxx" ...

then make a call ... if you can hear the beep ... copy and paste the informations from the trace and show it here ...

With best regards
Callmaster

It is the low battery indicator in the headset. lol...been there.

-CL

we have 3 phones that are having the problems. 2 of them have headsets and 1 does not. the one that does not have the headset is experiencing the same problem.

thx

telm59,

Thanks, but Crisis Alert is not programmed on the stations.
This problem is odd. I can't capture anything in a list trace as the problem does not happen all of the time, plus i can't run the List Trace all day as it only runs for about 10 minutes. Only thing i can do next is to Put a MST Trace up on the stations and have the user press the trace button when it happens..

could it be coming from the other end? Maybe it's not your issue, but something that is happening on specific calls to a specific far end destination?

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

I have experienced this on 2410 phones as well. It happens on regular users and call center agents.

I checked our settings and service observe & conference tone all set to NO.

By chance, are you using Contact Store aka Witness?

All the settings in Contact Store for beeps are set to NO.

this issue has been solved. Upgraded the G350 FW as well as the station card firmware.

thanks everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back