Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2420 Set Speakerphone Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy1952

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2006
US
Has anyone experienced problems with low volume on 2420 speakerphones? We recently moved and office and migrated users from a Nortel to Avaya S8500/G-650 with 2420 sets-some users are complaining of lower audio volume compared to their old 2600 Nortel sets? We have turned off AGC on all sets.

I am having the exact same problem! We moved from Nortel 2616's & 3904's to Avaya 2420's and now the speakerphone is fine when calling internally, but any caller external to our PBX is very quiet. I think we asked Avaya about it a while ago, the problem is still unresolved.

I cannot offer a solution, but I am curious, does the audio improve when your listening only and the mute but is pressed.

Mute seems to be neccessary for internal calls sometimes, but it doesn't make a big difference with external calls.

We figured out the problem. It has to do with an automated volume control. To turn it off press 'Option', 'right arrow', 'no' for Speaker AGC Enabled (there are 3 options here I would actually turn all of them off), 'save' and 'done'.

Avaya has released a version 5 firmware upgrade. There are 3 additonal option screens of settings for speakerphone and headsets. I have tested a couple of the settings and they do make a difference with volume control, especially with the headset options. Unfortunately Avaya has not released documentation describing what each specific option setting does in their readme file.

David Ignoffo
Schiff Hardin LLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back