Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2420 Extension Reset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma1

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
When I plug in a 2420 I can erase logs. The previously assigned extension comes up on the call appearance buttons on the display. How do I get rid of that? Is there a default? I tried to do "mute reset" like the 46XX phones but no luck.

don't know the 2420 specific, but shouldn't that be 'mute clear' rather than 'mute reset'

try busy release station or use the feature access code for refresh terminal parameters.

The 2420 just remembers what its extension is from before. It will change when it is configured with a new extension.

If you placed the phone where there was a different phone type - ie 6400 series, the display will show it's last assignment and will not refresh until the correct set type is assigned.

Check your feature access codes (Disp Fea) and look for "Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code:". Note this code. The next time you reset a 2420 and it comes up with the wrong number, just dial this code and it will refresh with the correct information.

- Duaneness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back