Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2400's Not supported? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NECPBXtech30

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2009
US
I heard that NEC will stop supporting the 2400 starting September of 2010. Has anyone else seen this?

EOL was announced. Sept '09 they stop selling it. Sept '10 they stop FREE support. They will still support it via tokens.

The following was extracted from a PDF supplied by our maintenace contractor. If any one would like a copy let me know. e-mail is in my profile.

All IPX components will be available, after September 30, 2010(scheduled EOL) - Any equipment and components in stock will be sold as normal. Once items are sold out, no additional equipment will be available and the part number will be discontinued.

Darrel

Does anyone have a link to this announcement? I need to either upgrade my 2400 or go with the SV8500. Thanks

The 2400s are supported but some of the old hardware and software will not be. IMX is no longer supported IPX is fine - Depending on the CP rev you will have to upgrade for any IP phones.

We just upgraded 20 NECs to R24 and to upgrade cards with new Chips, replace the old CPUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back