Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 Manual Service Buttons 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecommgrdude

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2008
US
I am looking to program a "lunch service" button on our 2250 console so that calls will be routed to our call center instead of the console while our receptionist is away. I want it to be a manual button but I cannot remember how or where to set that programming. It is off of an Option 11 switch.

Thank you in advance for your help!

There isn't any feature that does that other than "Night Service" - But you can specify "by Time of Day"

You do that in the NIT_DATA section of the CDB, for example:

NIT1 6500 (Call Center's number)
TIM1 11 30 (At 11:30AM and until TIM2, if the consoles are in Night, they go to DN 6500

NIT2 4400 Regular night number
TIM2 13 00 (At 1:00PM and after, if the consoles are in Night, they go to DN 4400)

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Remember that this also works this way on the weekends. No way to distinguish day of week.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Ya, I forgot! Hmmm. But, if the Call Center is forwarded to voice mail on weekends - and the 2250 goes to Mail at night, this idea still might do the trick.

Personally, I use a Time of Day control in Mail that accounts for the day of week issue. It's not easy to set up if you don't do it often.

I am really hoping there is a way to do it manually. There was a time when there was a nite button on the attendant console that could be manually activated. has that gone away with the later releases?

The Nite button has always been there. You just press Shift to the right of the dial, then the icon with the Crescent Moon under the LCD display.

There was never a button where you could change the target on the fly though - at least not in the last 28 years.

You might just be thinking about the Call Forward key on a standard digital phone.

What about the AODN. The m2250 goed into BUSY and the calls wil be rerouted to the AODN

Chris

Right you are ChrisJGB, if you have that package, it would probably do exactly what the poster wanted. Thanks for the reminder :)

In the LD15 ATT_DATA section, set the AQTT and AODN values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back