Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 Console Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

konchamp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2005
US
Is there a way we can show how many calls are in que? Or what do I need to be able to see how many calls are backed up on the operator?

Also, how can I setup a DID that goes to the operator? We basically need a way for a certain caller to skip the queue when calling in. Is this possible? Its for a hospital operator, sometimes we have emergency calls that come in and need to get directly to the operator.

Number of Calls in Queue are displayed when you press the "DCW" key, which you can defined in LD12 (or LD20 REQ PRT TYPE 2250 to see if its there)

I managed a large Hospital PAS and Operator Group. The only good way of getting emergency calls to pass by the other calls is to give each Operator a side phone and put those "special" numbers an an appearance on each side phone.

Oh, you'll be able to devise a way to get the call to the console. But trust me, when the consoles are full of calls, the only thing that will get attention for a "Code call" is the side phone. I don't think you want to take Codes on the Console anyways - you want them to stop concentrating on the console, and work the Code.

The great thing about the side phone is you can have multiple operators join in the call (CLS POA), right from their own desk. This is good if someone less experienced gets the code call.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Below is my current setup. I want to set it up so we can actually see a que lining up on the buttons, I saw somewhere you can setup ICI buttons?? This would be nice to setup on the left side of the console...also, I don't know the key layout on the 2250.

TYPE 2250
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
SGRP 0
SETN 020 0 01 01
ANUM 01
IADN
ALPD NO
SSU 0000
ICDR ICDD
ABAN ABDD
CPND CNDA
EBLF BLFD
AADN
DNDI DNDA
DAPC DAPA
LANG 00
KEY 00 BVR
KEY 01 BIN
KEY 02 PAG 880
KEY 03 PRK
KEY 04 EES
KEY 05 SSC 0000
KEY 06
KEY 07
KEY 08
KEY 09
KEY 10
KEY 11
KEY 12
KEY 13
KEY 14
KEY 15
KEY 16
KEY 17
KEY 18
KEY 19

Ah, I see what you are hoping for. ICI buttons are not required to make the console work - they only help categorize the calls.

Calls come in on what we call the "Loop Keys" (LPK). When you see the "CW" indicator flashing, that means there is a queue. To see the number of calls, you press the DCW which you have not added to your console yet.

When you want to take multiple calls, you just answer the first LPK, press Hold, then Rls, then the next call arrives on the second LPK. You can do that until all the LPKs are in use. It does not help you prioritize calls though - they system delivers them in order. The value of HOLD is when you have a caller that is taking too long, and you need to help other callers before taking the time with the long winded call.

I have a little info here:

User Guide: ~and~
faq798-6217

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

I supposed adding some additional info is in order....such as the other places where Console functionality is defined:

LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE ATT_DATA
Attendant Console (and ICI) Data

LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE LDN_DATA
Listed Directory Number Data

LD 21
REQ PRT
TYPE NIT_DATA
Night Treatment Data

~~~

Here's what I've got.

REQ: prt
TYPE: att_data
CUST 0

TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 00
OPT AHA BIND BIXA BLA
DNX IC1 XTG IDP XLF IBL
FKA MWUD LOA
REA SYA ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 3
CWUP YES
CWCL 1 3
CWTM 2 4
CWBZ YES YES
MATT NO
RTIM 30 30 30
ATIM 0
AQTT 30
AODN
SPVC 00
SBLF NO
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00
ICI 01
ICI 02
ICI 03
ICI 04 DL0
ICI 05 RLL
ICI 06 INT
ICI 07
ICI 08
ICI 09
RICI

REQ: PRT
TYPE: LDN_DATA

SCH0510

TYPE: NIT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1 4126
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4
ENS NO

Here's my LDN data

TYPE: LDN
TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 00
OPT XLDN
DLDN NO
LDN0 1500
LDN1
LDN2
LDN3
LDN4
LDN5
ICI 00
ICI 01
ICI 02
ICI 03
ICI 04 DL0
ICI 05 RLL
ICI 06 INT
ICI 07
ICI 08
ICI 09

OK, not too complicated a setup. What I suggest is look up every prompt in each of those, then you'll know all the things involved - but that's a lot of reading :) so, I've handpicked one relevant item for you and translated them:

CWUP YES (Means the Call Waiting Warning Indicator is active)
CWCL 1 3 (Buzz after 1 call hits queue, buzz and flash when there are 3 or more)
CWTM 2 4 (Buzz after call in queue wait 2 seconds, buzz and flash when wait exceeds 4 seconds)
CWBZ YES YES (Buzz at lower and upper thresholds defined above)

~~~

What do I put in if After 4 in que I want it to roll to the nights number?

That relates to the ATT_DATA prompts: AQTT and AODN

Here's my advice on that:

1. Download/install my "CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides"
2. Click on Features and Services A-B
3. Scroll to/select "Attendant Overflow Position"
4. Click on "Feature Implementation" or read the 10 pages section for the full effect.

~~~

When the phone overflows to another DN, does it go back to the console if no one is there to pick it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back