Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 console problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp61616

Technical User
Jun 16, 2005
US
We have a 2250 console and the receptionist says she cannot hear it ring very well. It is as loud as it will go. Right now, if she puts it on night service it goes to another phone/answering machine and that is loud. How can I program a ringing number into the console, or make the outside number ring right to the answering machine? Does the outside number translate to an internal number that I can program?

I guess my main question is how to program the console.
TN 004 0 14 12
TYPE 2250
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
SGRP 0
SETN 004 0 14 13
ANUM 02
IADN
ALPD NO
SSU
ICDR ICDD
ABAN ABDD
CPND CNDD
AADN
DNDI DNDD
LANG 00
KEY 00 BVR
KEY 01 BIN
KEY 02 DPS
KEY 03 PRK
KEY 04 EES
KEY 05 RTC
KEY 06 ADL
KEY 07 ADL
KEY 08 ADL
KEY 09 ADL 6488
KEY 10
KEY 11
KEY 12
KEY 13
KEY 14
KEY 15
KEY 16
KEY 17
KEY 18
KEY 19
DATE 23 MAY 2007

I know at the phones - you have to physically press the volume up key as it is ringing - did you try that at the console? Someone could have turned the ring volume down at the console itself

According to the manual: On the 2250 choose the option menu (shift and the 1st button with lines on it just below the display). Select 2 buzz tone then adjust using 5 volume + and 6 volume -

MH

geek nailed that one, the 2250 is unlike any other nortel station.. nothing in software controls the vol on that box.. you nay want to look at ftc, not as much for vol but you can change freq and duration

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That worked, but they still complain it is not loud enough even with vol at max. (copiers running, etc). Is there any way I can program another phone to ring at the same time? I can put an old phone on that line and put the bell way up. Does the outside switchboard number translate to an internal number that I can assign to another phone?

Sounds like you have an environment problem and probably you'd want to consider an MCR Key option on phones/main DN rather than 2250 Consoles, which are designed for Switchboard Operators

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back