Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 Attendant Console Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadflies

MIS
Jan 25, 2005
US
I added a 2250 console to our opt 11c. When the console is plugged in, there is no response. Do I need to enable the ports somewhere? Is there anything odd about the wiring?

yes it requires two tn's as opposed to one... you may need power IF it's over 100 cable feet from the switch.. it has to have a handset plugged in to work but if the layer 0ne is right... (copper) you will see the status and clock

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I don't even have that much displayed. No lights or anything. I do have the two tn's plugged in. I don't believe this to be over 100'. I have tried the spare at this location, and it does not work there either.

How do you have the 2 tn's wired? if i remeber right I think it's pins 1 & 26 and 2 & 27 of the 25pr amp cable.

your right on the pins.. 1st two pair are the two tn;s then if you need power it's pair 6 for tip and pair 7 for the ring side of your pwr tn.. ld 12 new pwr, if needed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

if your having layer one problems, wire it in the switchroom.. just use a 25 pair amp cable and punch down pair 1 (white/blue) on the primary dn and pair 2 (white/orange) on the secondary.. those do have to be in sequence, not on two cards or have ports between them.. i usually put mine on tn's 0 and 1.. but here they are on 6 cards and not on the 1st two tn's... we have 6 consoles that were installed before i was on site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In adding the 3rd console, I placed it after the first two on port 14 4 & 14 5. Is the card limited to how many consoles it can handle?

I know at one time Nortel recommended that the consoles be placed on the first 2 TN's of the card(0&1).

The first two TNs on a card are the programmed 2250 TNs, then the next two are PWR. ie. Consoles need two program TNs and two Power TNs = unit 0-1-2-3

Easiest advice - never ever have more than one console on a card.

That'll solve yer prob

~

That brings up other questions about our installation. When I was trained on this system, I was told that the consoles had to be on one card and nothing else was to be put on the card with the consoles... The consoles have been on tn 0&1 and 2&3 as long as I have been there. As I recall, they said they had to remove everything else on the card because of console problems. So... dare I add other phones to this card? Also, would having a console (or any other type) on the power pair cause problems, (even if the power was not enabled)?

The PWR TNs are hard wired to the console so you shouldn't have the opportunity to use them.

If they are showing up un the LUU or LUVU "list unused units" then go to LD12 REQ new TYPE pwr on those TNs so they will not appear as unused. TYPE pwr is merely a housekeeping feature...the only purpose is so they appear in use.

I wouldn't be that concerned about using the other TNs for phones - just shuffle things around so they are assigned to low volume users if you can.

~

Finally I have a working console. It comes up with an "MN" (minor alarm) but no numbrs or information on what it is. Also it has a loud and erratic popping. I have changed the handset, cord, and plug. Any suggestions?

p.s. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back