Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

21st Century Expression of Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGustaXL

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
GB
OK, I'll prob'ly get red flagged, but my mates and I have just got to know...

In the 50's and 60's, Leslie Phillips would twirl his tash and purr "Hell-air" or "Ding-Dong" whenever an attractive woman (eg Barbara Windsor, Una Stubbs, etc.) entered the room.

More recent variants have been:

Hubba-Hubba!

Woo-Haa!

Shwinnggg!

Anyone know what the 2006 Lounge Lizard's expression of approval is?

Chris

Rule Two: What's in it for me? - My Dad

A friend of mine used to say "Oh Baby! Oh Baby! Oh Baby!" but that was 6 or 7 years years ago, so I guess that 20th century, not 21st.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I usually just stare at the floor, shuffle my feet, and mutter a small "aw shucks". But if it involves red hair I usually give out my band's card. (while staring at the floor) lol.

-Phish
"Why do you need to think? Can't we just sit and go budumbudumbudum with our lips for a bit?" - Mostly Harmless
fsm.png

Chris,

Before Christie, there was Marcy. Absolutely the cutest girl in 6th grade - and (for about ten minutes) she liked me! Then her family moved, but I never forgot her.

In 10th grade I convinced a mutual friend (Wendy) to give me Marcy's new address down on the coast. I wrote to Marcy, and she kindly wrote back and said "who are you, again?" We sort of stopped corresponding after that.

Ooh, ooh: I must tell the following, if for no other reason than to mix some TT threads. Come on, y'all smile.

I liked Marcy a bunch when I was 11. So much so that I stopped eating lunch at school so I could save up for our first date ($12, perhaps). The planned date? A basketball game between the NC State WolfPack and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

She said no to the date. Her family was planning to go to the beach that weekend, and she was taking Bradford! He was a friend of mine, and now obviously a rival. My Mom had been his kindergarten teacher, by the way.

As the years passed, we all lost track of Marcy.

YEARS later, Bradford and I became poker buddies along with Rusty and Randy. It helped that Rusty and Bradford's wives had nightschool on the same night.

I don't miss Marcy so much as I miss the way I felt about her. Love rocks, and roils.

BTW - Bradford is as decent a human as God ever made. He still won't tell me about that weekend at the beach with Marcy.

Tim

[blue]_______________________________________
If you can't read this sigarette, check your filter.[/blue]

To get back in the general direction of the topic, I remember my first reaction when Melanie (my first love) spoke to me at the bus stop for the first time.

She said "I go to Alex, and my name's Melanie."

I looked at her blonde curly hair and blue eyes and said:

"Errrmm - whooo? Errr... nice satchel!"

I could hear the blood rushing to my face and ears, and she told me later that she thought I was angry at her because I went so red [blush]

If by a miracle she reads TT; I'll never forget the night of the flood.

Chris

Rule Two: What's in it for me? - My Dad

Chris,

Likewise, I'll never forget calling Marcy and "pretending" I'd forgotten what our English assignment was.

We'd then talk for three hours.

My folks were pretty cool about it, since I always used their private (master bedroom) phone to call Marcy.

Damn, she was cute. But I think it was her slightly raspy voice that realy hooked me.

Tim

[blue]_______________________________________
If you can't read this sigarette, check your filter.[/blue]

Does it sound like we need to start some sort of support group? Maybe a 12-step program?

I don't think 12 steps will be enough for this crew.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I think the only numbers that will set these guys straight is 36-24-36. [wink]

[Cheers]

I dont know that that would set us straight but at least some of us would be facing the same way

"If it could have gone wrong earlier and it didn't, it ultimately would have been beneficial for it to have." : Murphy's Ultimate Corollary

'and it was ggggooooooodddd' in a very very deep voice for the good part.

a biblical reference to gods creation.

Never mind 12 steps or 39 steps or whatever, bucket of water I believe is in order!! [wink]

You need a Glasgow accent for the next bit.

I can think of a few my mates and I used until I was about 20 and I was talking with my girlfriend at the time and I mentioned that "Nick had a new burd" Always quick at the put down she responded "You know burds pick up wurums!" Never used the phrase again.

Can think of a few opposites.

Looks like she has been chowin waasps (Deliberate double a there, again glaswegian required. It adds a certain Je ne sais quoi...non!

In case anyone thinks I am that arrogant an opposite.

The current Mrs ascotta and I splt for a week or two before we got married and her friend said to her "Thank god, imagine if youse two had children, they'd be little nightmares!!" [ref ginger hair] A reference that has given us many a laugh over the years.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back