Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

218 vs. 216

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebomber

Technical User
Jan 7, 2002
US
I had always heard that 216 was one bear of an exam. I'm currently studying for 218 and from what I have read in some posts, it seems that 218 is everything 216 is, plus more...yikes!

Does that seem to be the case?

Thanks.

I haven't taken 216, but yea, 218 is pretty rough. I was well prepared and still took me almost an hour and a half. I like CompTIA's questions better...

"What is a swtich?"

Instead of Microsoft's...

&quot;<insert 5page story about someone's life and job description>&quot;
&quot;<insert 5page description of problem, tossing in lots of unrelated info>&quot;
&quot;What do you do?&quot;

lol. Darrell Mozingo

218 is not as hard as 216 IMHO. I'll tell you what though, I agree with mozingod, CompTIA is much easier. On a brighter note the harder exams keep the certifications more of a challenge. Good-luck!
Visit www.netwerkin.com
MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCP, A+

218 is not that difficult, just make sure you know the material.

218 was a snap-just a rehash of 10, 15, 217. Really not that many networking problems.

216 is still the beast however 218 is only considered tuff because it covers the basics of what is covered in 216

if you have done 210 215 i would do 216 before 218 and then do it like a week after while that info is fresh in your head

ditto. worked for me Sebastian Jazzer
MCSE 4.0 & 2000, Network+, A+, Web Developer

I have heard that Transcenders weren't too good for the 218 test. Can anybody confirm, while I debate spending the $$$

Thanks.

use: selftestsoftware.com Sebastian Jazzer

I just started reading my 70-218 certification book, and ya know, it looks like nothing new from my recently passed 70-215.

I must state, I just got the book yesterday and only paged through it, but it really looks like a waste of a read to me - its all DNS, DHCP, WINS stuff that I already know and covered with win2k server

from what i remember, if you have doe the previous exams you should have no problems with this one, it is basically a hash of the others put toghether.

ITmontyp

So Long and thanks for all the fish :)

the 218 includes MOSTLY DNS questions. It's a good rehash of 216. Almost no questions from 215 (no installation stuff or raid, etc.) Sebastian Jazzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back