Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

-2147220992 Library Not Registered 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrown0717

Programmer
Jan 23, 2001
US
I receive error message -2147220992 Library Not Registered when I try to reference the recordset of a Data Environment. I was checking the state of the recordset when this error occurs.

For Example...
If DataEnvironment1.rscmdEnc_Grouping.State <> 0 Then ....

Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this problem? I re-registered MSDERUN.DLL, but that still did not fix the problem.

I had some similar error and the message was really wrong. In one case, I had an adodc object on the desktop, without a text box or datalist so that the ADODC never was initialized and didn't seem to work.

Do you access the database before you check the state, or is that the first instance that you check it.

Those are the things I would check

Mike

Just a little background... The data environment (DE) was set up as the source for VB data reports. Before coming to the Report Menu, the user comes from the Main Menu. The database that the DE is based on is accessed to load a list box on the Main Menu. Creating reports is one of the options.

When the user creates the report, the data environment's initialize subroutine is executed. After that the state of the data environment's recordset is checked as mentioned in my prior message.

Of course, creating the report works on my machine. But the problem occurred when it was installed on another PC.

Thanks for your help.

My software was installed on a Windows NT machine and it uses Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). Microsoft's MDAC Setup Troubleshooting Guide said that the MDAC installer requires that you are logged in with Administrator privileges in order to properly install DLLs and create registry settings. The software was re-installed under the Administrator and it works now. This is not a requirement for Windows 95 or 98...only for Windows NT and 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back