Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2063 MQRC_SECURITY_ERROR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZSEEK

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
US
Hello Everyone...

How can I test to see if a MQSeries v5.1 client (Windows 2000 Server) is communicating with a MQSeries Server (another NT server)?

Also does anyone have good instructions on how to configure the MQSeries on the client... I believe that there is a setting to either specific the MQSeries Server name or the IP address and I have not been able to find it in any of the documentation provided or on IBM site...

I am receiving the following error message 2063 MQRC_SECURITY_ERROR

-John

To communicate with the client, you need to set the MQSERVER environment variable:
SET MQSERVER=chl_name/TCP/ipaddr

For example:
SET MQSERVER=SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN/TCP/192.168.1.220

The channel needs to be defined on the Server side as a client connection channel.

This is a good Quick Reference for setting up MQSeries Clients. It also has some examples of how to test the connection. (It mentions amqscnxc. If you don't have that, you can use amqsputc.)

I don't know about the RC 2063. A similar question was asked here on 10/05/02 and it received no replies. thread332-375208

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back