Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050pc license 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc221

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
afternoon all, i am trying to find where i would look to see who many 2050pc license i have left . do i look in the CS1k or on the license server.

lost in the dark

Linking after all isn't unlawful. So, go ahead, and yeah, use the CD that isn't install on any PC at the moment.

Another good topic of interest is about Nortel from past. Think of it, a company used to provide something for free. The only thing you had to obey was not to use it on other then 1 PC. Then the company changed its policy, it brought a new modified version with better capabilities and started charging it. Then the company got its name vanished and another one took it over.

Since the legality of this isn't confirmed yet, I don't see any harm in uploading it somewhere on internet.

Go For It Even If It's Impossible !

Oh I was actually going to send you CD format as that should be more legal rather than blasting it to the world to grab. That is okay by me if it costs me a couple bucks to send you CD form.
I certainly don't want any legal trouble ;) Anyone know a good lawyer that can translate this situation for us? If I downloaded it for free (released by Nortel) via Nortel's website is that a violation of the software agreement?

Tman, is it permitted to use your LinkedIn ID as signature? I have seen people doing this here.... :)

I think it must be :) It would be nice to have a 'lawyerd' view on this in my opinion - anyone? I think it is more illegal to upload this to a mass distribute website - I do think the linking to it is legal though as you stated. Plus, I am pretty sure I can't upload it from work so I will have to do it from home. Again, I would rather just send you the CD and you can do what you wish.

My LinkedIn profile for the rest of course... I am thankful Tman... I will go for either of ways you go ahead with...

Nortel never uploaded a full version of the v1/v2 install. Only the upgrade versions where uploaded. You needed to have a CD to do the initial install and then use an upgrade on top of it.

With v3/v4, the full installs are downloadable.

thank all we are trying to find out how many license we have , we have no doc showing how many were loaded on the server how do i find that info the license server is on my TM server any ideas??? on how to nail down how many we have

roc221, gwebster wrote this:

\\ @roc221. Download a copy of the "IP Deskphone Fundamentals" NTP. Latest copy is at and has information starting on page 148 about how to check the number of licences availablea and in use. \\

That should serve your interest.

LinkedIn Profile:

thanks , found where i needed to go in the license server to get the actual number of license i have .

thanks all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back