Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050pc license 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc221

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
afternoon all, i am trying to find where i would look to see who many 2050pc license i have left . do i look in the CS1k or on the license server.

lost in the dark

LD 22
SLT

Look for IP Users. That's the total number of IP Sets you can play with, no matter 2050 or 1140 or 2004. License Server is related to the OS you own. It's for avoiding misuse of Demo software. That was the best of my little knowledge.

Go For It Even If It's Impossible !

depends on 2050 release. the IP SLT is not the only thing involved, there is a 2050 lic server for a reason.

Mato' Was'aka

If you are using 2050 v3/v4 (which are the only supported versions at present), then the maximum number of concurrent users is controlled by the license server.

nigindian65: Can you please provide a little details brother? lic server was not with Release 2.0 I remember.

we are using 3.2 software on the 2050

3.2 requires the LM - license Manager for 2050's. Below that, went by IP Lics on PBX.

Mato' Was'aka

yes we have it on a telephony manager server , but try to find how many license i have cant find it in our spec book that nortel gave us after the install . where would i look on the license server ???

In my opinion, License Manager was just a last ditch effort for Nortel to squeeze more money out of its customers - I am just fine staying on 2.01.0260 without a stupid license manager - but yes the purpose was to avoid the misuse of demo software.

Tman, is it legal to grab a copy of 2.01.0260 from you? As it was free that time :)

Re "free" versions of release 1 and release 2. Look at the agreement which you acknowledge when you load it up. You are only entitled to load on one PC. To properly comply, you are obligated to have purchased one copy of the install CD for every PC on which release 1 and release 2 are installed. Using the same CD to load on multiple PCs is a violation of the licencing agreement.

which is lame, since it uses an IP LIc that already is costly.

Mato' Was'aka

I agree. Bigindian... do u have one? I have bought 5 x CS1000Es with 250 Analog, 25 Digital and 25 IP Licenses, 8 Analog Trunks and 4 PRIs each... Do they expect me to buy another lot from them?

Anyways, let me try to deal with it in maximum possible legal way... Can I have one copy of it, the copy which someone is not using anymore?

Infact, I bought 7 x CS1000Es... just confirmed..

you should be able to download it from Nortel, or purchase, if still selling, for like 50 bucks

Mato' Was'aka

They don't sell the old release, as you know.... neither it is available on Nortel or Avaya web site anymore. That is why I am asking if someone can provide me the good old Release 2.0 version...

fallenangel1 - as you could still download (in the past - for free on the Nortel site) I don't see why I could not provide you a copy and I would be happy to do so. I agree that since it uses a IP phone license Nortel should NOT take action against a software violation because they are still getting their money from it. PLUS, Nortel doesn't 'exist' anymore so I don't know how legal action could be taken - unless it is from Avaya under Proprietary blah-blah-de-blah ... haha.

The only question is how do I get a copy to you via this forum because I don't think you can list address or phone number or anything, right?

I also want to apologize to roc221 that we threadjacked him/her ... did you get/find your answer yet?? I don't have a license manager (as I stated) so I can't tell you where to look for sure. But it looks like Gweb has the answer as usual though - star for him ;)

Tman, I appreciate it.... One can always find legal and honest ways to cooperate each other.. The solution is, upload it to megashare.com or any other place and link it... What u say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back