Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 softphone w/Windows 7 - cached license message

Status
Not open for further replies.

EileenF

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
US
Hope someone can help me. A rotating group of remote employes have been using I2050 softphones on a shared Windows XP laptop for past few months. IT recently rebuilt the laptop with mew Windows 7 software (32 bit) and I reinstalled 2050 software. Softphone release is 4.01.041. Today, user got message "You are now running a cached license which will expire on Mon June 25 at 11:26 AM". What does this mean and what do I have to do about it? Thanks so much.

make sure they have the correct IP address for the license server.

roc221 - thanks for the reply. Server name is correct and our vendor states our licenses are permanent. After digging for more info, I was told that of the 2 laptops in use, one gives the message but the other one doesn't. Makes me think it's an issue with the laptop, not the softphone. Will try reinstalling software. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back