Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 Softphone on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter81

Technical User
Aug 24, 2007
US
BCM50 rel 6.0 comes with 1 internal IP set enabled. When I load the 2050 softphone it says no port avaliable? Do I have to have a seperate license for the softphone to work?

The BCM50 6 has 1 1p enabled set that comes with the unit. it's enabled and the softphone shows up in elelement manager in inactive DN under sets, I assigned it to the line but when the softphone loads on the laptop it says SERVER: NO PORTS LEFT

Is your softphone sever set to primary?.
Against IP, put in the BCM's published (usually LAN 1) IP address
Make sure type = BCM
Port will be 7000.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

SERVER=Primary
IP=LAN IP of BCM
TYPE=BCM
PORT=7000

2050 softphone display shows
SERVER: NO PORTS LEFT

I always use the I2050 version 2 Softphone as version 3 onwards requires an IP licence keycode. I think there were problems with some later versions as they weren't compatible with BCM's.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Using 4.02.0062 2050 ip softphone
Their is 1 active license that comes with the BCM-50
I wounder now though if that only works with the iseries deskphones and a additional keycode is required for the actual softphone usage. What is strange though is Element manager does see the phone as in-active and I can assign it a DN and it does show up and register, but still doesn't work.

From the Resources> IP Phones tab check if there's any registered IP set on the system. If so try to deregister it and try to register softphone again. BCM keeps the IP address of the IP sets which uses the license.

@firebirdscrambler. The 2050 is licenced software. Installing it on a PC either requires a purchase of the original insall CD (for versions 1-2) or purchase of the activation licence (for versions 3-4). Providing anybody with a copy of the software under any other means is a violation of the licence agreement.

I think I get it now. Even though the physical 1 license key code exists on the BCM it is designed for the physcial i series Voip phone. If you use the 2050 you need to purchase the software package. You can download the copy for trial 60 day w/o purchase directly from Avaya. But it is almost looking like you need the full version to implement. However I could use a try&buy license which would allow for a test.

Can someone confirm if this is all that I need:

NTKC0229

NTKC0229 is the "IP Telephony Client 1 seat Authorization Code" which is required to activate any IP phone (hard or soft).

You can download the 2050 v4 client from support.avaya.com and it will operate for up to 30 days in a "try-and-buy" mode. After 30 days, you will need to have ordered an NTDW84BA "IP Softphone 2050 New User Licence" and installed the corresponding licence which is tied to the MAC address of the PC on which the 2050 is installed.

I found that shortly after I posted. Thanks, It's odd though because I have done exactly this using the 1 license that comes with the BCM and downloaded the v4 client and I am still getting:

SERVER:NO PORTS LEFT

From my research it shows that the client is not seeing the license corectly from the server possibly? I de-registered and re-registered and it still shows NO PORTS LEFT.

I'm going to try to de-register again and see if I can release my DHCP address that is being picked up by the network and force a new address to the client and re-activate. See if that works. If not then I think I'm going to just purchase 2 licenses of the 2050. I had the vendor check and can't find the software other than the trial version avaliable for download. Is their a Nortel p/n for the V4 CD installer?

There is no "Nortel" part number, there are only "Avaya" part numbers :) ..and there is no part number for the V4 CD. You download latest version of 2050 from This is the install file which I mentioned above which operates for 30 days without an associated MAC-based licence file as a "try-and-buy" version.

Ok, Avaya yes :)
Anyrate I have it downloaded and installed. I thought using that evaluation version it would utilize the internal BCM50 IP enabled single license keycode that comes with the BCM50. It appears the 2050 does need a seperate license client key code of NTKC0229

The BCM does see the 2050 and I can register it and set the pw and it does show up as the client in element manager as enabled , but as soon as i enter the set pw for the 2050 client it displays SERVER: no port left.

I then installed the license server on my laptop and it too didn't seem to make a difference. It's like the trial key-code didn't download?

I'm goign to un-install everything and re-download it and re-install and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back