Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 server unresponsive, but it worked yesterday ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Im really new at this and I dont know what im doing yet, ... but i had a regular soft phone and an agent soft phone working yesterday, symposium reports and all....now for some reason i cant get any softphone to work. Were getting ready to deploy these things on really short notice and i dont know %$^# about them...

SLT shows I have plenty of licenses
I know the license server has plenty of licenses
I can ping the license server, signaling server and the media card

When I go to File..settings on the 2050
Auto DHCP is unchecked
under server I enter the signaling server IP just like i did yesterday...but it keeps saying server unresponsive
I rebooted the sig server and still nothing and when i rebooted it i saw it go down and come back up on the pbx. And i can still ping it off the network..
Any simple tips to get me back on track would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !!

Ran into a similar issue, but the error was "unable to connect to server". Setting in 'SERVER' section for call server type was set to CS1000M. System is now a CS1000E 7.5 and had to change the Call Server type to CS1000. Also caused the softphone to be unusable if it did connect. Pressing line buttons would not go off-hook.

You should also be pointing to the Node IP, not the IP of the Signal Server. You also might try syncing the node again and restarting Services.

Make sure your "Call Server Type" in the 'Server' settings is set to CS1000 and not CS1000M if you are running on CS1000E 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back