Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 pc license server

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc221

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
afternoon all, the question i have is , i have TM 3.2 that has my 2050pc license server deploy on it and with our 7.5 upgrade TM goes bye -bye .

can i take that license server for my 100 2050pc license and place on an VM instead of a physical server box.

please advise .

At the time you created your exiting license server, a license key was generated in KRS based on the Hardware ID of that computer. The only way to move it would be for the VM to parrot that original HWID exactly. Otherwise you will have to buy new licenses so that you can generate a new license file or try to find someone in Avaya who has the knowledge and desire to help.

The software download from Avaya includes a utility "i2050GetHWIDTool.exe" that you run to get the HWID for the KRS input. Run this on your existing license server and then verify you get the same result on your VM if you go that route.

Good luck!

thanks, is it possible to run this server on my UCM server ??? so dont have to bulid an new box ??

never tried it on a VM box before but as with all license servers there is a way to re issue your license as mentioned above your current one was generated against the hardware of the existing server so wont work if copied.

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back