Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2010 with Wildcard certs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosschopster

Technical User
Aug 3, 2011
GB
Hi All,
Seems to be conflicting advice on the net about whether or not wildcard certs are good with Ex2010. We already have a wildcard cert so we are giving it a go, however I get the 'The certificate is invalid for Exchange Server usage'. The root and intermediate certs are installed and can be validated by clicking the cert and checking the chain - all certs show as good. Get-exchangeservercertificates shows the wildcard cert listed. I tried adding a service to the cert via Exchange management shell and that works fine so why does the Exchange management console show the cert as invalid?

Cheers guys

I've sorted this folks. Had to enable all purposes on the root cert which then resulted in a different error regarding the CRL which I had to download and install on the Exchange server even though I had Internet access and the CRL location could be reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back