Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

200R and IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

psvialli

Technical User
Apr 8, 2004
GB
I have the following setup – ADSL router NetgearDG632 and Symantec 200R firewall and am using static IP on 2K server

Netgear 10.10.0.1 set to forward all ports to the 200r - on 10.10.0.5

200r –

IP address 10.10.0.5
Default gateway 10.10.0.1

This all works as I have set up VPN between two sites.

My problem is I am trying to get access to the IIS but I just can not seem to get through the firewall from another Internet connection

II have set the Virtual Servers - Web server in the 200r to point to the IP of the IIS 10.10.0.40 but when I try on the net I get nothing ?

If I use the IP 10.10.0.40 from within the network I get the IIS and the correct page.

If I try the FTP as a test - it works fine

If I change the 200r Virtual server setting on the WEB server to 10.10.05 and I get the 200r Firewall logon page via the web, so I know the router is forwarding all the ports.

What else do I need to do on the 200r to allow access to the IIS ? or is it the IIS ?

I have also tried another IIS on a win200pro as well standard install

Hope someone can help me

Thanks

OK sorted it out Rip2 was disabled on the Firewall 200r !

DOH a whole say waisted !!!!

:(

OK so i was alittle to quick to post - it worked for all of 1 min before it stopped ! - If i plug the ADSL direct into the LAN the IIS works fine but as soon as i put it back into the 200r - nothing no IIS !

Could it be a DNS problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back