Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2007 to 2010 upgrade help needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpb

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2007
US
I did a db migration from 2003 to 2010 onto a windows 2008 r2 x64 box. I got 2007 sp2 working properly. I ran the prereq check and had error on db setting so created new content db and moved all objects. This worked find and prereq check was happy.

started upgrade and in step 2/10 I get this error.

?

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence.
An exception of type System.MemberAccessException was thrown. Additional exception information: Cannot create an instance of System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T]] because Type.ContainsGenericParameters is true.
System.MemberAccessException: Cannot create an instance of System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T]] because Type.ContainsGenericParameters is true.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.CheckCanCreateInstance(Type declaringType, Boolean isVarArg)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.ThrowNoInvokeException()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAutoSerializingObject.InvokeEmptyConstructor(Type type)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAutoSerializingObject.DeserializeBasicObject(XmlElement xmlValue, Boolean isMerge, Boolean bResolveMissingTypes)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAutoSerializingObject.DeserializeBasicObject(XmlElement xmlValue, Boolean isMerge, Boolean bResolveMissingTypes)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAutoSerializingObject.SetStateXml(XmlNodeList childNodes, Boolean isMerge, Boolean bResolveMissingTypes)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAutoSerializingObject.SetStateXml(XmlDocument value, Boolean bResolveMissingTypes)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Initialize(ISPPersistedStoreProvider persistedStoreProvider, Guid id, Guid parentId, String name, SPObjectStatus status, Int64 version, XmlDocument state)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.GetObject(Guid id, Guid parentId, Guid type, String name, SPObjectStatus status, Byte[] versionBuffer, String xml)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.FetchObject(Guid id)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.GetObject(Guid id, Boolean checkInMemoryCache, Boolean checkFileSystemCache)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.GetObject(Guid id)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.ResolveObjectAndClassVersions(SPLog log)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPConfigurationDatabaseSequence2.Upgrade()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.Upgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.BootStrap(Guid sessionId, SPUpgradeOperationFlags flags)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeBootstrapTask.Run()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

I also see this error in event viewer, but I imagine it is part of failing and only some things were upgraded. - any guidance would be appreciated.

There is a compatibility range mismatch between the Web server and database "", and connections to the data have been blocked to due to this incompatibility. This can happen when a content database has not been upgraded to be within the compatibility range of the Web server, or if the database has been upgraded to a higher level than the web server. The Web server and the database must be upgraded to the same version and build level to return to compatibility range.

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to follow this thread with interest as I am just beginning the planning of a 2003 to 2010 migration.

Sorry I don't have an answer, or even any suggestions for your issue, but I hope you post more details of your migration. The good and the bad.

Anyone resolve this issue? I'm getting the same error and this post is the only I've found on the Internet about it.

Thanks
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back