Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2004 ip firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJakeG

Programmer
Jul 30, 2005
US
My ip2004 can't find server.The firm ware is 0604DAD on the phone.I think it is the firmware that is causing the problem. I have added on the patches on it 2.0 release.My laptop will dhcp just find out of the LAN port. Does anyone know what is LLDP is on setup of the phone config part

Is the phone configured for DHCP or static addressing? Do you have the IP of the BCM configured as the S1 address? Is the port configured for 7000? Is the phone plugged into the same VLAN as the BCM, or is it in a VLAN that is properly routed to the VLAN that the BCM lives on?

LLDP stands for link layer discovery protocol. It can help the phone discover VLAN, QOS Policies, POE info, etc. If your data switch isn't configured for LLDP, you can turn it off. It won't hurt anything to have it enabled, but the phone will take longer to boot and will eventually say that it can't retrieve info from the switch.

The phone is DHCP full so as the BCM50 and the address of the BCM is the same of the S1. I dont have it going there a swicth just testing one from the LAN port of the BCM 50.
S1 192.168.1.2
also 7000 is site

It could be the option missing on your dhcp server(option 128 i think).Set your ip phone to partial dhcp instead and if it works, you have the option to leave it like that or browse the threads to find out how to configure that option. It was mentionned in earlier thread, i just dont remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back