Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 upgrade from 2000 sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dande

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
We recently had an outside vendor do our upgrade from 2000 to 2003. This was new 03 servers that took the place of the older 2000 servers, so it was clean 03 installs on new hardware and not in place server upgrades. Since the move to 03 we are only able to run 3 to 6 hours before the network "stalls". It can take 3 to 4 minutes for a click to respond on the new server and often when shutting down a server it prompts me that this user is not authorized to perform a shutdown. The 2000 servers were sp3 and not sp4 as recommonded. Has anyone else had the same opps on the sp number and if so any ideas on a fix?
Thanks Paul

That was quick response question, I just hit submit and a reply already. No, we are running Symantec v10

ah, I've been having the same problem with a memory leak in mcafee. ah well it was worth a try!

Thanks, makes sense!! Sometimes you just never know what appears to be unrelated is really the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back