Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 server disk mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

daren33

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2001
US
I am not able to convert my basic disk to a dynamic disk therefore I cannot mirror. When I try to convert in array manager the drives don't even show up. Any ideas?

What type of server are u using? compaq? dell? use the smart start software that comes with the server compaq is easy to use dell is a bit hard to follow but it does the job. after you mirror you can go into disk management and convert to dymanic disk from basic but remember you cannot go from dynamic to basic. as far as I know you have to reinstall O/S. Are u using software to do the array or hardware?

It is a dell poweredge, however it does have a controller.

Use the Dell aray manager to set it up. You can buy the server with the controller and the array set up from dell. but if not use their software. should work fine. then upgrade to dynamic disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back