Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 dual NIC's what if one breaks and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

headsup7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2003
GB
hi all (happy new year to you all)

when setting up my 2003 server i put in two nic's, dont ask why i can't remember lol..

everything is fine and all runs well.. one of the cards is registered as the internet (mac address) connection.

I have set my new years res.. to set up a 2004 ISA server, so i removed the above mentioned nic.. Thats when all the trouble started, after restarting it took 1 hr to get to log on.. and i never saw my desk top....

yes i put it all back and it works fine!!

It is quiet clear that the server is bound/binded to that NIC how do i unbind all the sevices or get the server to use the other NIC...???

you might say register another NIC at the IP best solution!! I agree

say 6 months down the line that NIC breaks ill be asking the same question of u all.. so we might as well help each other with our thoughts today

Thanks to you all..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
Heads :)

any takers?????

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
Heads :)

Open Network Connections and select 'Advanced, Advanced Settings'. You will see the binding order, make sure your internal NIC is the first in the list. You should probably also disable the Microsoft Networking stuff on your Internet facing NIC as well.......

Good Luck

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back