Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 Domain Controller Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian17

Technical User
Apr 30, 2010
US
Anyone have any isses with a 2003 Domain Controller server knocking voicemail pro service offline??? If so, please advise.

domain controller (DC) is a server that responds to security authentication requests (logging in, checking permissions, etc.) within the Windows Server domain; A domain is a concept introduced in Windows NT whereby a user may be granted access to a number of computer resources with the use of a single username and password combination.

******not a tech, just having a customer who is having issues with their VMPRO client and I thought maybe it's not compatible with 2003 Domain Controller.

Is the VM running on the DC? IS the DC running DNS & DHCP and other stuff. VM is not supported on a domain controller i dont think. there was a post here about this in the last couple days.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You are being smart.
We know what the DC is.

You need to provide more info about the issue with vmpro.
It does not work is not enough to fix this!!!

Think of updates, firewall, anti virus etc etc etc
something must have changed.
It does not just stop working without a reason.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

VM PRO can run on a 2003 server, even if it is the AD. This will happen when it's installed on a 2k3 SBS, which is OK.

Yes, Vmail is running on DC.

I'm not being smart. I didnt even know what a DC was prio to today. As I mentioned, I'm not a tech. We only installed the VmailPro about a month ago, and we've had to restart it now 3 times. I'll find out if DC is running DHCP and DNS.

I thought you where the IT guy telling us what a DC is :)

it has been patch day this week.
Check for installed updates for this week.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

It's a mythos that a dc/ad is not allowed for anything else.
Although it is better to have all telephony services on a server where we are in god-mode, this does not say it's not supported.
Have a look at TechTip 218. VM Pro is OK on a SBS 2k3. This is AD, DNS, DHCP, Exchange and a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back