Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 290 exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdk25

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2005
US
is it just me? or is the 2003 290 exam ridicoulsy difficult!!! i took the 290 exam and failed a few weeks ago, i found reading the question to be more difficult then awnsering it, and the sim questions are also very screwed up, there are numerous way's to complete a task in active directory in real life but theese sims only alow you to do it one way! Micorsoft really needs to have a better writer making theese test

I am studying for 70-290 and was wondering how many questions are on the real exam. I don't want to know any of the questions...just how many come at you in the real thing! Don't like taking exams but the only way to get ahead eh?

Ryan
A+, MCDST

I beleive that there were 45 questions on the exam when I took it.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

zydeco18,

40 or 45 questions sounds like the right number. It's been a while, so mrdenny could be right on the money.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Thank you for the quick reply. I am studying hard and going crazy to try and understand everything...I work with Small Business Server 2003 and don't do things the way MICROSOFT wants you to right. (I am sure just like everyone) and just trying to get my head wraped around some of the things they are teaching is kinda nuts...

Ryan

zydeco18,

It's almost a zen thing with the "Microsoft Best Practice(tm)" way of doing things.

The Perl language's motto is "There's more than one way to do it". This applies to just about everything, but once you grasp the Microsoft philosophy that there's "One Best Way To Do It", you'll be well on your way to achieving your Microsoft certification goals, whatever they may be.

The more you embrace Microsoft philosophy, the better you understand it, the better you'll do on the exams. Then you can go out into the world and do things in whatever fashion works best for you.

Wishdiak

Wishdiak,

Its funny because its true! I never though about it that way...Thanks for putting a new spin on it!

Ryan
A+, MCDST

zydeco18,

No problem. I think that what trips most people up on Microsoft exams is that what they would do in the real world to solve a problem is not necessarily the "Microsoft Best Practice(tm)".

Once you start learning how Microsoft "thinks", following their "Best Practice" philosophy isn't so hard.

Wishdiak

There were 42 questions on my 70-290 today and passed with a 745 glad to be done with this test now on to 70-291

hey well done cdk25!

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+, Security+, MCP

Congtats chap.

How long was it?
I've booked 70-290 at VUE for Tuesday and it says 240 minutes. That seems longer than usual. 4 hours??

The SQL Server and .Net exams I've taken in the past are estimated on VUE at around 130 minutes.

Dazed and confused

my test was also 240 minutes but i have well over and hour and 20 min time left when i finished, they definatley give you enough time i had 42 questions and 4 were simulations, you really have to know your stuff and make sure you have your "microsoft thinking cap on..." a few of the questions will definatley leave you guessing becuase they two awnsers will seem right and you can only pick one. I got a 745 i am happy with that i don't have to take this test again.

CDK25
MCP

P A S S E D I T!

That gets me an MCDBA 2000 on top of my MCAD .NET.

I had three hours and I was pretty much done with an hour to spare. I went over all the questions for a bit before deciding I'd done all I could and finished 20 minutes early.

I got an 895 which is nice.

Most of my simulations were shares and permissions but I did get an IIS one. Copule of questions on SUS - wasn't sure if they would be included now it has been superceeded by WSUS.

Dazed and confused

congrats

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back