Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2002 and 2005 LT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkinmoon

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Has anyone had experience running a full blown version of 2002 with 2005LT? I want to see if LT serves my needs before removing 2002, but don't know if AutoDesk lets 2 versions run concurrently on the same computer.

Thanks

I have full 2005 running happily with Full 2002 so I guess that it should not be a problem. Of course 2006 is out now!

Pete.

Thanks Pete. I edit a lot of blocks in schematics and I don't think LT let's you edit a piece of a block in place without exploding it, as you can in the full version. Very frustrating.

Frank

AFTER INSTALLED AUTOCAD LT 2005 ON WIN XP PRO MACH. ACCESS TO FILES WITH WINDOWS EXPLORER SLOW WHEN ACCESSING SERVER WIN 98.
WITH AUTOCAD LT 2002 INSTALLED DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

Posted: slow server access after installing autocadlt 2005 on windows xp pro machine that is connected to a server for storing files, windows 98 mach. Does anyone know why when you look at files in windows explorer on server files show up extremely slowly and if you try to scroll down you can only scroll one file at a time extremely slow pace. Xp machine had autocad lt 2002 on previously and there was not this problem.
Thanks

Sounds like a registry conflict. It is also work checking the RAM use in task manager.

Could well be that a rebuild is looming!

A rebuild will not fix the issue with explorer. I am having a problem accessing WIN 2000 server over the WAN also. We thought it was a bad windows load - NOT!
We built a new system and as soon as you load 2005 the issue started on the new system also!
Anyone have any ideas?

I have the answer for the slow explorer to server issue.
Go to Windows Explorer
Go to any AutoCAD drawing file (dwg) anywhere
Rightclick on the *.dwg file
On the popup window click on 'Enable/Disable Digitial Signature Icons'
On next popup uncheck the box labeled 'Validate Digitial Signatures and Display Special Icons'
Click OK
Log Off
Log back on.
Yau are ready to go!
Have Fun...

reddmann, I do not see 'Enable/Disable Digital Signature Icons' in the pop-up or the Properties. Any other ideas?

Autocad LT 2005 runs very very slow. Opening files, blocks, etc.

This will work for the XP pro system as it is looking to scroll files on a server. And if you right click on a .dwg file from th XP machine it will popup a window that has both options: "Validate Digitial Signatures and Display Special Icons" and "Properties" in the same window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back