Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000-XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tps131

MIS
Sep 5, 2002
US
I created a project in using windows 2000 and Access 2000, client site uses XP, sent the application for them to look at and give feedback this is the first of many errors the receive when trying to open the application..."Your app database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "MHCMD32.OCX" version 1.0"...I assumed this was because of the 2000 to XP conversion??? or was it not sent properly through zipped email?? Any Suggestions??

Is this a file that you have added to the application?

When you say 'project' do you mean this is an adp or are you using a mdb file?

No files were added to the application it is saved as a normal mdb file I believe, and i zipped it and sent it they got that error

Are you sure the customer has the correct mdb file?
MHCMD32.OCX means nothing to me - it is not part of Office or Windows - do you know what it is?

(There should be no issues opening standard Access 2000 mdb files in A2002)

I looked it up it seems like it is part of the operating system thats why I was thinking maybe it was a conversion problem..I didnt think there would be a problem opening 2000 in XP either I thought the only issues arose when you downgraded..Only thing I could think was Access wasnt installed correctly or they operate in an extremely secure site possibly some problems with security issues I havent a clue..I am going on site Wednes I was just seeing if anyone had problems going from 2000 to XP

If you have this file on your pc then you need to check that you have not used any of its features in your Access application. It will show in the object library references if it is used.

This was the first real application I built with Access in a long time so here is what I have checked in the for references going to Tools_References in the Code Window of Access

Visual Basick for Applications
Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
BeCubed Mh3dCommand Control

Not sure which ones are supposed to be there or not, but that file MHCMD32.OCX that is causing the error is in the file path to the BeCubed thing which I have no idea why that is checked

Then you have the whole of the problem and solution to it.
Remove the reference and compile your app to make sure it is not used.
Then ship the new file to your customer (... well that bit is up to you...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back