Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 Server Username Case Change issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewyone

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2006
IE
Hi All!

I'm having a problem with my Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Server. We recently installed Openfiler NAS and although it worked fine, it wasn't picking up all the correct info from the Active Directory. After a lot of head-scratching, it has now transpired that Openfiler is case sensitive when synching with AD and if a user name is lower case in one area, and upper case in another, it can't tell that they're the same person.

So what I need to do is change all user names in our AD to lower-case, but I've just discovered that it won't let me do this. Every time I change the username case and apply, it just switches back to upper case when I check the settings again.

Apperently there is some little program or tool or something that will bypass this and let me change the case.. Anyone got any suggestions??

Thanks

Emily

Okay, problem solved. I just got told that if you add a letter to the username, apply and close. Then reopen, delete that new letter and also do a case change, it sticks that way.

Just tried it out and it works! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back