Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 Server printing defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavw12

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
DE
Hi
I'm running a 2000 server (SP4) with Citrix Metaframe XP, I have to constantly set the printing defaults for each new printer from letter to A4. Is there somewhere in 2000 to have printers default to A4 on creation?

Thanks

Gavin

MCSE, CCNA, CCA, CCIE

Personally I think you are in the wrong forum, wrong site and even wrong area - but there is no harm in trying!

I only use HP printers, and on there if you install using the UK drivers it will use A4 as default. Otherwise you can go into the printer properties and click print defaults. Here you can play with the default page/layout and general settings.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck!

Err, thanks.

I'm well aware of how to set the defaults on the printers when they're installed, I'm specifically looking to have the native 2000 drivers use A4 by default.

Gavin

MCSE, CCNA, CCA, CCIE

In that case I don't think you can. Unless you fancy playing with WSH which maybe able to do it (Which I doubt).

Good Luck anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back