Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 Runtime Tools Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod1968

Technical User
Apr 17, 2001
GB
I have converted a database to Access2000 from Access95 and I have attempted to run them on a machine with Access Run-Time. However I am now getting prompts for confirmation of record deletions and appendments which I had suppressed on the Access95 Run-Time version.

It now seems impossible for me to change the Options menu settings in ACC2000 Run-Time, as the Tools menu is not available.

I need to find a way to set the Edit Options not to ask for comfirmation when running my .mdb in ACC2000 Run-Time.

Can anyone help me to find a solution to this please?

I believe that this option exists at your database level. In MS A97, it is found under OPTIONS; EDIT/FIND. In development mode, try changing this setting, and redistributing the .mdb to the machines with RunTime installed.

Let me know if this helps.

I'm still having problems :(

When ever I run an action query, a nag screen pops up for confirmation (Yes, No, Cancel). As I always want the action query to run, I have set the Options, Edit, Confirmation checkboxes to un-checked.

However, these options are not being set when I run the distribution copy on a Run-time application. And because MS have made Tools (and therefore Options) unavailable in ACC2000 Run-time, I have no way of changing this.

I have had some suggestions that it could be changed in code from within my database but I have not managed to do this.

Can any one help me please?

Within your code, in the problem areas, place 'DOCMD.SETWARNINGS FALSE' prior to the execution of the offending code. After which you may elect to SETWARNINGS TRUE.

Many thanks for your help, this has now proved to be the answer to my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back