Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 IVS & Fax Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

amphonetek

Programmer
Jan 15, 2008
US
Hello all

Little background on my customers phone system. They have a NEAX 2000 IVS 1520 series software, voice mail with analog extensions and MCI integration. A PRI with incoming DID. The question is - They want to install a fax server and use a couple of analog extension with a DID number. The fax server will be looking for DTMF from the phone system to direct the call to the right Fax mail box. I tried setting cmd 1310>extension number>0 as a voicemail extension hoping that when I answer the call it would have the DTMF. It did not have the DTMF! I'm thinking because the system is set with MCI integration that this may not work.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

1310 sends DTMF in a call forward situation. Try setting up a virtual extension as the DID and do a forward all to the server. Keep in mind that you are working with very old software on an old system.

Thanks Belevedere,
I tried that with no success. Anything else I can look at?
Thanks in advance.

This is how it is done, but here are the commands to check.

The ports you have connected to the fax server need to have the 1310 set to 0 on them. Then place these ports into a UCD group using 170. You will need to create a "phantom" extension for the pilot number. Then simply create some virtual extension for each DID (command 11), and then forward them (command E6) to the "phantom" you created earlier. The digits that will be sent to the server will be the extension number of the virtual NOT THE DNIS. So make sure the box numbers you create in the faxserver match the extension.

If you have any questions just post back. This was a little old, so I didn't want to waste a lot of time with specifics if this is resolved.

gmannati,

Thanks I will give that a shot. I will follow up with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back