Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 IPS - Outgoing line selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsols

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
I've got a situation where a client has a pickup group with 2 Centrex lines to themselves. The lines are assigned to two trunks (D003 and D004) and in turn to their pickup group (tenant 2). When calls come in, they'll successfully rollover from line 1 to line 2, however when they pick up to dial out, line 2 is selected before line 1. They've requested that I change the order to pick up line 1 for outbound before line 2. This again goes beyond my abilities with this system. I've gone through 14>XXXXX, 05X> and 35XX> settings for these two and I haven't found where this particular selection is made.

You need to change CMD 08>078 and make it a 1. That will change the system to select loop start lines from the lowest avalible trunk. Also change CMD 3583>RT # to a 0. That will tell that trunk route to follow what you programmed in CMD 08 above. Be careful because you may get call collisions (dial 9 to call out and answer an incoming call)because I would assume that the lowest numbered trunk rings in first.

Good Luck!!

After re-reading your post I think you might be looking to change CMD 93 (Prime Line) for your extensions with these trunk appearances. So for instance you would change CMD 93>XXX (where XXX is the ext #)> D003. That would make the phone go off hook on trunk D003 instead of D004.

First look at the method of use. what does the user press to use these lines.(D003 and D004)

mextera

Thanks to both of you - CMD 93 was the ticket!

I spoke too soon and had to reset (darn). The user has the first to programmable keys on a Series i 16D programmed for each of the lines (D002 and D003). To make an outbound call as programmed, they pick upt the phone, dial 9 and the number. After pressing the 9, key 2 (D003) lights up. The extensions were programmed under CM 93 (93>101:101). Also, this problem only occurs in this pickup group. There are another 13 Centrex lines and 30 phones throughout the system using departmentalized trunks and pickup groups.

what is the following?

200>9
1204>101
1216>101

Mextera

All right...Try going to CMD 3000>TK # (D003 and D004 as you originally posted or D002 and D003 as later posted without the "D" in front) and see what route # they are in. For instance, CMD 3000>000 might be 00, 001 might be 00, 002 might be 00, and then 003 might be 01, and 004 01, 005 might be 02 etc. The goal is to find out what route the two trunks are in that appear on ext 101 (in your example) and they should be different than the other trunks below and above them. The route number will be the 2 digits you see after entering the trunk number. Once you find out what route they are in, change CMD 3583>RT # to a 0 and test. It doesn't sound like your using LCR since you said the minute they hit 9 the trunk appearance lights up. If you are, call your local NEC dealer to fix this issue.

Have Fun!!

Thanks again to both of you.
mextera: I get A126, 02 (pickup group # and trunk number are both 02) and NONE in order of your question

MercuryComm: All extensions are set to "02" which is the correct trunk number. Also, 3583>02 is set to "0".

Could this be indicative of a hardware failure? Both lines work if you dial IN to each separately, this issue is strictly an outgoing call issue.

Hold on this is in LCR. Follow along.

What is the following...

8AA000>0>400X Taks the 400X to the following.
8A400X>DIaled Number> XXXX Dialed number is what the user dials in your statement dial 9 and the number. XXXX is the the destination I need that next to proceed.

You may look at for LCR Guide but my thought is that you are using tenant LCR.

Mextera

ok:
8AA000>0>4005
8A4005>9>1007

what's dialed? if the user dial 9+5551212 then 5 55 or 555 is the dialed digits.

anyway with
8A4007>9>1007 this is Tenant pattern 1007 follow this to
8A1007>02>XXXX XXXX is the route pattern for tenant 02.
8AXXXX>1> what do you have here
8AXXXX>2> and so on...

Mextera

Thanks for the help. Before I started digging much more, I suggested to them that the current order was likely going to result in better outbound line access - they're going to leave the lines as they are. Thank you again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back