Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 IPS: How easy is it to add a M606 card? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proth1975

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2010
US
I'm a SysAdmin, so this whole PBX thing is new to me. Basically, each time I need to make a change, I have to truck over to the phone room and make a connection via serial cable. I see that the M606 would enable me to use Matworx from my desk via IP.

So, having the limited knowledge I do (but getting better each time), how hard is it to add the ethernet card in?

Thanks!

-P

Back up the data, Shut the IPS down and remove the CP-24 The M606 card is easy to install, it just snaps onto the cpu and then plug CP-24 back into system. Plug the Ethernet LAN connection to the RJ-45 connector. Restart the switch.

Perform program changes:
Command 0B00 first data 00 is for IP address assignment
Command 0B00 first data 01 is for Subnet assignment
Command 0B00 first data 02 is for Default Gateway
Command 0B00 first data 05 is should be set to a 1 (default) for auto negotiation. Or 0 for fixed 100 Mbps Full Duplex.

Save the data again and reset the IPS 2000 and login via the MatWorx.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

OK... Just got a chance to look at the CP24 card... How do I power it down/back on? I see a reset button and a wheel.

I apologize... I'm new to all of this.

-P

I don't know how many PIMS (cabinets) you might have in your IPS, but starting with the 1st cabinet (PIM with the CP24 housed in side of it) Power it off via the power switch on the left side (on the front of the power supply). Next power off the rest of the PIM's in order 2nd, 3rd, 4th-8th. PIM's are usually set bottom to top. PIM 1 on bottom, 2nd on top and 3rd on top of 2nd and so on.
Now before you remove your CP-24 check to make sure the card lock in not locking the cards in place. It is located along the bottom of each pim, just below the bottom tab of card. There is a bar you might need to slide to the right to allow you to slide the cards out of the slots. Once that is done. Ever so gently remove the cables from the front of the CP24 (label them so you know where they go back and how they go back, They have special connects, DON'T MESS THEM UP OR BEND THEM. Make sure you put the cables back on the correct location and the correct way. Now, GROUND YOURSELF FIRST then pull the CP24 out of the slot. You will notice a CONN connector on the card. This is where the M606 Card snaps into. There are also 4 screws (small phillips I believe) with posts that come with the M606 package to help mount and secure the 606 board to the CP24. Once you have attached all this and it is secure. replace the CP24 in the same slot it came out of. Reconnect the cables and also plug a new Ethernet cable into the RJ-45 connector on the front of the M606. Resecure the card lock.

Power back up the PIMS in reverse order from how you shut them down. Power on all PIMS except the CP24 PIM 1 that is powered on LAST. Once you power on PIM 1 you will notice the CP24 red light light up and show that it is loading the software back into the PBX. Once the system is up and running. Making sure everything is running normally. Perform the program changes I advised above and you should be setup. Then open Matworx and setup a new connection using IP and with the IP Address of the PBX.

Good luck and Make sure before you do anything to this system that you BACK IT UP first.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back