Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

200 ICP-NSU programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitel15

Technical User
May 27, 2013
CA
If i am using NSU for PRI, do i still need to do the DID programming in Form 55 (digit translation table) or its done in the NSU?

Thanks

Form 55 is for Inbound DID translation and is completely independant of NSU programming.

Form 55 is optional.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

ok. I have a customer using NSU with 200 ICP and there is programming in Form 55, is this normal? If so, the DID can be programmed in Form 55 eventhough they are using NSU, right?

Thanks

make sure if you haven't already to program the NSU only as bay 1 to 7. Is there a reason you don't use an embedded Pri, just curious.

Form 55 takes the digits as received by the system and allows them to be modified before presenting them to the PBX.

It is optional whether this is done or not.

It has no effect if no translation takes place

It is completely independant of the NSU programming

NSU receives call, NSU passes digits on to PBX, PBX modifies Digits (or not) and presents digits to Dialed Number.

The (or not) above refers to FORM 15 Modification AND/OR for 55.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back