Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 versions of nru on one computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONEGUY418

Vendor
Feb 25, 2003
US
does anyone know if you can have 2 versions of nru on one computer (i.e)9.1 and 10.0 when I installed nru 10 on my laptop the install manager says I have to delete the other version it would not be a big deal but I can not do a backup on a dr 5.1 system with 10.0

I tried to tell the install wizard that I wanted to use a directory for my new version of NRU that was different than the existing one. the wizard put it where it was suggesting anyway! This irritated me since it also wiped all the backups that I had on the old software! I don't think that you will have any luck getting around the software.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The way I got around it was to make my machine dual-bootable.
I can boot it up in W98, or W2K. I have my older NRU on the W98 side, and NRU 10.0 on the W2K side. No conflicts with this method, but I do have to re-boot to change from one to the other.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back