Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Users - Same First Name receive same email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirlee

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Recently I've had two Donna's (users last names different) receive the same email. When looking at the Internet Header the email was only sent to one Donna. This also happened today to two Bev's. I tested this out by sending to one person in the Org. and BCCing another, using Hotmail, the Internet Header shows a blank BCC indicating to me that I BCC'd the other recipient.

Looking at Donna and Bev's headers there was no indication that someone BCC'd them.

I wouldn't think this odd if it was only one time and to only one set of users (ie. Donna's), but the fact that this has happened again and with different users, I'm a little curious now.

I believe it is more than likely SPAM, I'd just like to be able to stop this.

Thanks
Shirlee

are these 2 mail of the same time,
u can check using the message tracking.
it should tell u how the mail flow and this the mail is routed to 2 person

I know no voice, I knew nothing about systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
-----------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

The email was sent and received at the exact same time. eg. It was sent to Donna A, and both Donna A and Donna B received this email. However, upon checking the Internet Headers (open email, View, Options) on both emails they are identical and the only To: in the header is for Donna A.

Probably spam, and when you test it with a BCC, that won't works, as you will not see any BCC information in a header.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back