Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 users both want to use same mail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAIG2432

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
GB
OK i have 2 users how both want to monitour the sales@ mail account. Both user need to be able to send mail from Sales@ only. I also need for one of them to know if the other answers an E-mail..... Any Ideas

Cheers

You could create the sales@ email account and then make the 2 users a delegate of that account.

That doesn't solve the problem of only sending from that address. A Public Folder would have the same results as well.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

OK how about if I get both users to log on to a new account called sales. The question would then be if one of the users reads an E-mail would the other user see that the E-mail has been read

With a shared mailbox they would indeed be able to see the read or unread status.
You could always create a couple of sub-folders as well for 'Actioned' or 'Pending Action' or similar that they could move the messages to.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back