Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 SETS - SAME DN (EXACT COPY?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboston

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I have people with 2 desks so this means 2 phones. Anyway to clone phone 1 to be just like phone 2? SO that incoming calls come in and ring on both at the same time?

Depending on your software version, you would copy the phone that has already been set up to the other phone. Copy can be found under Terminal's and sets depending on your software version, on older software, you can go to line access under the ext. and then capabilties. And even older software will have a set copy heading.
Gabriel

Thats a good start - doing the copy function, but that won't make both phones have the same DN extension number or make both phones ring when you call one. You basically have 2 options. Create a hunt group and assign that group to both phones as a key (shows up at the top of the phone with any lines that are assigned) making that key ring, OR putting an Answer Key of the first extension on the second extension and making that key ring.
Answer keys are in: Terminal&Sets, <extn #> Line Access, Line assignment, scrolling down to Answer Keys.
Hunt groups are down in System Programming.
If you need to keep the DN of one of your phones because of advertizing, the answer key is your solution. If not, the hunt group might work better as it shows up the same on both phones - and its functionality is the same - making training easy, and perhaps less confusing than answer keys.

Turn set relocation on and move the phones leave them plugged in for at least 15 minutes, if you remove the phone before the 15 minutes is up you will corrupt the system. If you have DID's you will need to move the TArget lines.

Norstarguru
john1@refurbphones.com

I understood this as being 2 phones with the same ringing lines, as opposed to 2 phones with everything being the same including the Dn number.
Norstar boston, you want to give us some more info on this?
Gabriel

Here's what I have done: Set up one of the phones exactly
the way the customer wants with exactly what he wants ringining on that phone-

Then set up the other phone with an &quot;Answer DN&quot; of the phone you have programmed the way the customer wants.

Now- make sure you DON'T HAVE a mailbox associated with the phone with the answer dn on it. Tell the customer he
will get message notification only on one of the two phones.

The answer DN will mean that anytime the one phone you set up for the customer rings, the other one rings too. Have the customer onloy give out his extension number to the phone that doesn't have the answer dn on it.

Let me know if you have further questions on this

I am going to experiment with these suggestions. Thank you all for you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back