Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 related Enterprise questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocgp

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
US
Using BOEXIR2; Oracle 9

Question 1 - Back in CE10, there was a CMC option that displayed the different datasources being used and the number of reports hitting each source. We cannot locate this in BOE and I'm wondering if it was just dropped or is it hidden under another name or option? Perhpas related to this is...

Question 2 - Can the information sought in question 1 be extracted via the Query Builder? If so, is there any documentation on how to use the Query Builder? I could not find anything in the Admin Users Guide.

OK, it was 3 questions... sorry :)

There's a web based tool in XI called "Report Datasources" that should do it or you could use a third party tool called .rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite which is a windows based tool that will allow you to extract this information in a more friendly way and export it to Excel (or CSV) and if necessary you can also make changes to the data sources in it (and much more).

For your second question, have you tried: SELECT SI_PROCESSINFO.SI_LOGON_INFO FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = 'CrystalReport'

This will show you the property "SI_SERVER" and "SI_CUSTOM_SERVER" (and certainly others) but it's these two that contain the name of the data source being used. Then you could look at the other properties to determine if it's using the original or custom data source. And of course the above assumes that you want only those that are objects of type Crystal Reports. Then you could fine tune the query more and more but this should get you started.

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Thanks for the response.

The problem I have found with the Query Builder is that I cannot query with the datasource name (SI_SERVER) as a criteria. According to the documentation I found on the BO website, PROCESSINFO fields cannot be used in the WHERE clause, so it seems an impossiblity to filter the data down to a particular datasource. Perhaps I am missing something in this information but it appears to be a rather severe limitation on querying the data.

I cannont find the web-based tool you are referring to ("Report Datasources"). Could you identify the path for me please? Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back