Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelle305

Technical User
Apr 7, 2010
US

How to I install VNC on a WS5 (or any I guess) My directory \MICROS\Res\CAL\WS5\Packages\ has setup.dat and CEvncSvr.exe.
My error is:
"Failed to get server address"
Am I in the wrong direcory? Running the executable did not do anything. I have VNC under programs.

Also I heard there is a BUG in RES 4.X with regard to GSS Gift Card Autosequences that delete customer info. Not surprisingly I can't find anything on this. Does anyone know what the bug is exactly and what does it do?

Thank you all very much!

First question's answer, I do not believe you can install VNC on the Workstations. At least I have never be able to.

2nd Question, I do not know.

I've gotten VNC working on a WS5 before. but I'm using a different package that either pmegan or moregelen uploaded a while back.

Link to package: WS5 VNC

Don't extract the files directly into the Packages folder, copy in the whole WS5 folder. I think CAL cycles through the folders inside Packages, so loose files will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back