Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 questions on metaframe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlj

Technical User
Nov 10, 2002
SE
I would like to do the following, but is it possible?

1. When you log on to metaframe, is it possible to autorun an application?
2. When you publish applications, is it possible to publish links to websites in a way that will make explorer (or default webbrowser) on the CLIENT computer to go to that site (running explorer on the metaframe server is waste of processing power :) )
thanks & regards
Peter

1. Of course you can, if its just one application, just specify the application to launch in the user's ICA client properties.

2. Yes there is.

I highly recommend this book... It will address both these concepts.

Inside Citrix(R) MetaFrame XP(TM): A System Administrator's Guide to Citrix MetaFrame XP/1.8(TM) and Windows(R) Terminal Services (2nd Edition)

Matt J.

1. When you log on to metaframe, is it possible to autorun an application?
What I mean:
When the window with all the puiblished applications appear in the clients browser, is it possible to make an application that autoruns without any further action from the user?
regards /Peter

Program Neighborhood is not designed to autorun an application as you described. I'm sure someone could write some code to do it. I am very curious what problem you are wanting to fix by having an autorun feature. Perhaps we can help you come up with a different solution.

For a simple no nonsense connection to a published app, why not use a custom ica? Just copy this info to notepad:

[WFClient]
Version=2
TcpBrowserAddress=x.x.x.x

[ApplicationServers]
sample=

[sample]
Address=x.x.x.x
InitialProgram=#appname
ClientAudio=Off
Compress=On
TWIMode=On
ScreenPercent=100
DesiredColor=4
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
Username=?????
Domain=????
ClearPassword=????

replace x.x.x.x for server ip, #appname for name of published app, and ???? for correct (plain text) credentials. Then rename the .txt to .ica
Then a simple doubleclick is enough to start the app, without any other interaction.

Free citrixprinting support

1. In Citrix Connection Configuration (ICA-TCP - Advanced Initial Program) you can use the initial program setting if you want a specific app to run.

2. Look at configuration for Content redirection, publish a URL that should be opened locally.
Should not be too hard to config.

Best of luck!

//Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back