Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 questions, cat switch 2800 and ccna exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbeecken

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
US
First off my catalyst switch question. I have a cat 2800 and I cant connect to the terminal. I have tried numerous cables and differnet settings. Right now I have a db9 female rs 232 cable. I just connect and nothing happens. My comm port is fine, I can connect to my router with its cables. I use settings in the online manual, and tried other variations. This was bought used. Telnet is up, and it works fine. I was able to get the ip address of the cat off of my router finding it, and I get the telnet screen. Anyone know a way to reset the pass without terminal access? I tried ciscos config maker, but the switch needs a password for that too. I thought about removeing the battery(havent opended it up yet, but I am assuming it has a little battery powering it). I am hopeing that mabey they changed the terminal settings and thats why. Then the passwords and settings will be gone, but the ip address will then be lost, and if it still dosent work, then I am left without that option. The person who sold it, said he would try and find out the password, but he is not too sure he can. Anyhow, any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be GREATLY appreciated.

Question 2:

I took the practice test in the Cisco press CCNA book's cdrom, 507, and well to say the least I did pretty bad. I got a 58 out of 100. Another practice test I got, I scored an 80 or so. I was wondering if anyone who has this book, finds the test harder or easier then the real thing/other practice tests. I know the stuff pretty well, and that score is really making these last few months feel like a waste.

Thanks for all the help

What is the Boot firmware version on the switch? If it is 1.09 and earlier you will have to contact TAC. Is there a mode button on the front panel? Why don’t you just view the current password?

Acually, I started guessing the telnet password and guessed it on my first try. I tried guessing it on the Cisco config maker program, but that dosent accept anything for some reason. Any how thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back