Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Providers Routing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioX

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
I have a 7206 which is connected to two providers. One supplying us a t3 connection and the other supplying us 4 t1's. I have several calls C ip address from one provider and 1 calss C from the other. My issue is when I do a trace out from Provider 2 it is actually going out Provider ones pipe. I need it to go out of the appropriate pipe.

so if I do a trace from x.x.27.10 it goes out serial interface 2/4, 2/5, 2/6, or 2/7 and when I do a trace from x.x.47.10 it goes out serial interface 1/0

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Thanks

I think that you have routing problem.
which routing protocol is used?
Maybe you can try with policy based routing?

This is best acchieved using BGP as your routing protocol, otherwise, you will have to manually add routes for all of the different networks you need to go to.

In order to implement BGP you need to apply for an AS number, and ask your ISP's if they will advertise BGP for youm(peer)

Hope that this helps.

Be careful with multihoming, it will cause you to become a transit between the two ISPs. That means that you receive both of their routing tables (which is not a good idea trust me). Sounds like you have a routing issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back