Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 PRI's "No Lines Free" when channels are available 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikescience

Vendor
May 2, 2002
US
I have a customer with MICS 6.1 XC CDA, 2 PRI's both PRI-A. They use it for mass marketing - When more than 15 or so people get on the phone, the rest get no lines free when they dial 9. We did a test and when this happened I checked link status, It showed at least 6 to 8 chnnels idle on the 2nd PRI and the first PRI was mostly IDle. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank You,
MikeScience

FIRST NEED A LITTLE MORE INFO, IF YOU REBOOT THE SYSTEM DOES EVERYTHING WORK OK AS FAR AS DIALING OUT, IF SO YOU WILL NEED TO FIND OUT IF THE OFFICE PROVIDING YOU WITH THE ISDN-PRI IS A 5ESS.
IF SO HAVE THEM TURN OFF B-CHANNEL SERVICES, THEY CALL IT BCAS.THE SETTING WILL CAUSE THE LINES TO GO OUT OF SERVICE EVERYNIGHT, IF AN INCOMING CALL COMES IN IT WILL PLACE THE CHANNEL BACK IN SERVICE.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Go to Services, Routing service, and Dest codes. If the destination code for the outgoing line pool is set to "9", change it to "9Any". After changing the dest code, disable, then re-enable the DTI cards.

We had a similar problem that took 7 months to resolve. The problem was caused by users who got interrupted during dialing. They would go off-hook, dial 9, get interrupted and not complete dialing. This caused one of the outgoing call reference values to lock up. After this happens several times, the system will start losing channels. Ultimately, the system will stop all call processing.

I would be interested to hear what your dest code is currently set to and what type central office equipment the PRI is connected to. Also, please let me know if this resolves the problem.

I would be interested to hear if you resolved your problem.

The carrier check B-channel services, they don't have it turned on. I do remember that issue in the past though. I also change the Dest code to 9a. At least this way when the hit 9 and forget the number, they won't be trying up a channel. None of these changed the problem.
We did some extensive testing and when we changed both PRI's from Pri-A to Pri-B they seemed to fine. I'm now thinking we have either bad software or a bad NVRAM cart. I've seen chunks of programming corrupt, but damn!!!

Did you check the Call by Call Limits in System Programming to be sure your maximum outgoing is set correctly?

hello, i have a similar problem, we have mics 4.0 with 2 t1 cards with pri. when 7 people after hours gets on the phone, the system will not let them place a call. you hit 9 and its still system tone. no dead air. i am going to try the other tips here and will let you know if anything fixes it. thanks

are both the PRIs on the core or do u have an off-core PRI (in a TM). there were problems with the standard 6.1 software with offcore DTI and NT has just comeup with a maintenance release version to fix this problem(3rd week of march)

FIREBALL, YOUR GOING TO NEDD TO UPGRADE TO 6.1. THERE WERE SO MANY ISSUES WITH 4.0 AND 4.1 AND ONE WAS WHAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back