Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 PRI Connecting 2 Meridian Option 81 through Cisco Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNewbie

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
US
I need your expertise. We have set up a PRI between two Opt 81 that goes through our data network:

Opt81#1(RNX 233) ---PRI---Cisco 7206 #1---frame relay---Cisco 3640 #2---PRI--- Opt81 #2 (RNX 234)

We got everything to work except...
There are two dialtones: one provided after 8 in PBX #1 and one after RNX 234 dial ... we then have to dial the number again 234-xxxx. May be we've been staring at this too long and not seeing it. There is no such option to have the Cisco routers to provide dialtone back. The only thing that I can think of is the LD 86 DLTN ... but that is set to "no." What am I forgetting to turn off?

- PBX #1 send 7 digits after translating 8+234 in BARS to Cisco #1 (234-XXXX)
- Cisco #1 ships 7 digits out to frame relay cloud after 234:
dial-peer voice 234 vofr
destination-pattern 234....
session target serial0/0 100
dtmf relay
- Cisco #2 send 7 digits out to PBX #2 (234-XXXX)
dial-peer voice 234 pots
destination-pattern 234
forward-digits all
- PBX #2 takes 234 through NARS and term to extension XXXX.

... I'm assuming that dial-peer vofr, voip, and atm will not strip any digits and forward the digits on whereas the dial-peer pots will strip off the destination-pattern. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help ...

I have a few questions, what routers, and what IOS are you running... I have a few ideas, but I need to get access to my equiptment to verify.. Could you send the whole configs. also what ISDN protocol are you running? Who is doing the clocking, etc....

BuckWeet

Buckweet ... thanks for the response, but not sure how clocking has to do with second dial tone. The call works; however, after the initial 8 into NARS and translating on 234 and out to the routers ... I get a second dial tone and I have to re-enter the seven digits DN to terminate the call on the 2nd PBX. It seems that the second dialtone after the 8234 is coming from the second PBX and the second PBX is waiting for the remaining digits (he is ignoring all the digits pass on by the second router?) ... I guess.

cisco 7206 ... 12.2 cisco 3640 ... 12.2 Clocking off the PBX!

My question is from the above dial-peers, am I passing 7 digits out towards the 2nd PBX? ie. 234-XXXX to Cisco #1 to Cisco #2 to PBX #2?

Could you paste the full configs.. this would help me help you alot better, as I'm trying to understand fully what you're saying with the limited configs pasted... Also we're doing PRI correct, and not doing a T1 tie line? Are we doing Q.SIG?

Can tell ya one thing though..

Cisco #2 send 7 digits out to PBX #2 (234-XXXX)
dial-peer voice 234 pots
destination-pattern 234
forward-digits all

You probably need to the the dest pattern as 234.... there, because on the other router you're doing 234..... so when it gets it, it sees the 234 and drops the rest.

On the receiving end with the "pots" dial-peer you need to add the command "direct-inward-dial" This command should fix it.. I've had problems like that before on callmanager and forgot this command and got the same thing you're getting..

Let me know if those work, and also like I've asked before, could you paste the configs. heheh...

Hope that helps

BuckWeet

Thanks Buckweet ... there are the wild cards in the back of 234 ... just didn't copy. The config for the Cisco is pretty standard except now ... you have given me something to try ... direct-inward dial ... I think that you have hit the nail on the head ! Thanks.

From Cisco TAC
No Dial Tone On Digital Voice Port
Check to see if the dial-peer pots are configured with the direct-inward-dial command. This command disables dial tone from the voice port. For example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern .T
direct-inward-dial
port 0:D
Removing the direct-inward-dial command from dial-peer pots causes the digital voice port to provide dial tone.

Cool :)

I would love to see your configs when you get finished though.. I always keep the voice configs stockpiled in case of things like this...

BuckWeet

Doesn't have time yet ... too many meetings and firefighting! One good thing that come out of this market is that consolidation allows one to have many opportunities to troubleshoot! :) Will let you know.

No go ... on the "direct-inward-dial" ... didn't work. It turns out that Router 1 provides the dial tone. Where? How do I turn it off? It's a classic 1-stage dialing. PBX provides a dialtone, collects the digits, translates on the digits, and ships it to the router. Well PBX 1 did that ... D channel on the PBX shows it. Debug on Router 1 shows that it provides the dialtone ... waiting to collect digits! Ughhhh...

Here is the config (filter out names and addresses to protect the innocents! :)) What am I overlooking? PBX ships 234-7500 ... router 1 (7206) suppose to take "destination-pattern 234...." and sends it out to "session target Serial3/7 842" to a frame relay cloud.

It works ... but router #1 provides the unecessary dialtone and waits for the digits. (at which time if I were to dial 234-7500, it would send it to the router #2 and connect!)

Need for Router #1 to take 234-7500 that PBX #1 sends and pass it on like it suppose to! Help! Thanks.

7206VXR#sh run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 11542 bytes
version 12.2
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log datetime localtime
service password-encryption

hostname 7206VXR
!
boot system flash c7200-js-mz.122-3.bin
card type t1 1
no logging console
!
clock timezone CST -6
clock summer-time CDT recurring
dspint DSPfarm1/0
!
ip subnet-zero
!
!
frame-relay switching
isdn switch-type primary-ni
!
!
voice vad-time 10000
!
controller T1 1/0
framing esf
linecode b8zs
cablelength long 0db
ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-immediate-start
!
controller T1 1/1
framing esf
linecode b8zs
cablelength long 0db
pri-group timeslots 1-24
!
!
interface Loopback0
ip address xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.252
!
interface Serial1/1:23
no ip address
no logging event link-status
isdn switch-type primary-ni
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn T321 0
isdn T306 30000
isdn T310 120000
no cdp enable
!
interface Serial3/7
description Frame-Relay
no ip address
encapsulation frame-relay
load-interval 30
!
interface Serial3/7.2 point-to-point
description Voice/Frame-Relay
frame-relay interface-dlci 123 CISCO
class voFR-ser3/7.2
vofr cisco
!
router eigrp 100
redistribute connected
redistribute static
passive-interface Serial3/7.2
network 10.0.0.0
default-metric 10000 100 255 100 1500
no auto-summary
eigrp log-neighbor-changes
!
ip classless
no ip http server
ip tacacs source-interface FastEthernet0/0
!
!
!
map-class frame-relay voFR-ser3/7.2
frame-relay cir 512000
frame-relay bc 5120
frame-relay mincir 238400
no frame-relay adaptive-shaping
frame-relay fair-queue
frame-relay voice bandwidth 512000
frame-relay fragment 320
access-list 10 permit xx.xx.xx.xx
access-list 10 permit xx.xx.xx.xx
!
voice-port 1/0:1
!
voice-port 1/1:23
!
dial-peer voice 435 pots
destination-pattern 435....
port 1/1:23
forward-digits all
prefix 8
!
dial-peer voice 234 vofr
destination-pattern 234....
session target Serial3/7 842
dtmf-relay

Solved ... someone add a dial-peer with "destination-pattern .T" That dial-peer sends it to a voice port and there the router provides the dialtone and waits for the digits! Duhhhhhhh... I knew it that I stared at the stinking config too long. Just need to step away and do something else! Anyway ... thanks for the help.

Hah, FYI, you need to add that "direct-inward-dial" command to the 7200 series as well...

BuckWeet

Not really ... it currently works without "direct-inward-dial" ... the way that I wanted.

Now ... had I left the other dial-peer that has ".T" for destination-pattern that sends it out to a voice port ... then yes ... adding "direct-inward-dial" to that dial-peer would stop the router from introducing the dialtone; however, that would have not routed every calls properly.

I found out who put that "catch all" dial-peer. His reasoning was that he wants to allow his remote site to call locally (to all of the NXX in the city). So ... it looks as if I need to sit down with him and go through the telephony routing side of the fence. Thanks anyway Buckweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back